A few weeks ago, we began our blog series on the different wood types available to choose from when redesigning your kitchen or bathroom. This week, we examine the distinctive characteristics of cherry.
Often associated with use in more traditional settings, cherry can be paired with modern finishes for a more contemporary look and feel. “There’s a richness and depth that you can only get with cherry," says Monarch designer Jackie Schagen. "The variation in colour and grain gives a very elemental look that can only come from a truly natural material.”
- brings a sense of warmth to any space
- smooth, fine-grained appearance with uniform texture and random markings
- character comes from mineral streaking, fine pinholes and pitch pockets
- ranges from tan blonde to deep brown and darkens naturally as it ages
- hard enough to withstand everyday life
Are you ready to make your kitchen and bath renovation dreams a reality? Call Monarch Kitchen and Bath Centre at 905-686-2001, or drop by our kitchen and bath showroom and chat with a member of our design team.
Photo courtesy of Cuisines Laurier.