Over the coming weeks, Monarch will be examining the different wood types available for your kitchen and bathroom cabinetry. This week, we take a look at the unique characteristics of maple.
|Photo courtesy of Cuisines Laurier|
- is a strong, resilient hardwood with a more uniform grain than other wood types
- may include tiny "bird's eye" dots and mineral streaks
- is known for its smooth texture and creamy white color, which can exhibit subtle variation from white to light brown
- is an ideal wood species for painted, glazed and stained finishes
- popular for its shock resistance and durability
- produces a smooth, clean look when stained
- can be finished to resemble other, more expensive, hardwoods and softwoods such as cherry and cedar
- is a good choice if you’re looking for a light, airy kitchen or a dramatic kitchen with darker finishes
Are you ready to make your home renovation dreams a reality? Call Monarch Kitchen and Bath Centre at 905-686-2001, or drop by our kitchen and bath showroom and chat with a member of our design team.