Blistered corn, asparagus, and pesto pizza
2 ears corn, husks removed
12 asparagus spears, woody bottoms discarded
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Kosher salt to taste
¼ cup uncooked grits or polenta, for rolling the dough
1 ball prepared pizza dough, at room temperature
1 cup Basil Pesto or store-bought
12 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into 4 strips each
6 ounces Brie, rind removed if preferred, cut into ¼-inch-thick strips, then cut into 1-inch squares
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill.
- Brush the corn and asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt, then place them on the cooking grate directly over the heat and grill, turning occasionally, until they begin to brown, about 8 minutes. Let cool. To remove the kernels, stand the corn upright. Grip the top of the cob and slide your sharpest knife straight down between the cob and kernels. Cut the asparagus tips off, then cut the remaining stalks into 1⁄4-inch pieces. Reserve both for topping.
- Roll out and shape the dough, then grill the first side of the crust per the master instructions. Use tongs to transfer it from the grill to a peel or rimless baking sheet. Flip the crust to reveal the grilled side.
- Spread the entire surface with the pesto. Sprinkle with the corn, asparagus, and tomatoes. Top with the cheese.
- Finish grilling the pizza per the master instructions.
- Remove from the grill, sprinkle with the red pepper, and season with salt and black pepper. Slice and serve immediately.