|Building Industry and Land Development Association|
The Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD) encourages innovations and excellence in the planning and building of sustainable communities and in the redevelopment and renovation of existing communities. As the voice of the land development, home building and professional renovation industry in the greater GTA, BILD's goals include improving the communication between the industry and government and protecting the interests of consumers.
Members of BILD must abide by a strict code of ethics and shall:
- comply with applicable building codes of Canada as a minimum standard for construction and shall work toward its improvement in the interests of structural sufficiency, safety, and health.
- plan their projects to conform to the principles of good community planning and support for the environment.
- deal justly with their employees, subcontractors, and suppliers of all goods and services.
- deal honestly and fairly with their customers and stand behind the quality of their work and service commitments.
- exchange information and experience, and encourage research on materials, technical advancements and building techniques in order to provide the best value for their customers.
- avoid all conduct or practice detrimental to the land development and building industry, to the Association, to the good name or reputation of any of its members, or its customers.
- commit to continuing learning through human resource policies and practices, including employment practices which treat employees as assets.
- actively promote health and safety principles.
- treat their competitors, including their property and ideas, with respect.